Regional Outside Salesman
K&T Irrigation is a Valley Irrigation and Sukup grain handling dealership. The company has been selling and servicing center pivots to farmers across North Dakota and far Western Minnesota since 1983. In 2009 the company became a Sukup dealer for grain bins, dryers, and grain handling equipment. Since then K&T Dryers and Bins has been designing and building large grain sites. Customers trust K&T for quality workmanship and unparalleled service after the sale.
The K&T Salesman is responsible for providing excellent customer service and current industry knowledge regarding the irrigation equipment and products sold. Success in this position is attained by building and maintaining relationships through honesty, integrity and knowledge of the industry and equipment sold. A successful irrigation salesman needs to be focused on creating solutions for the customer, which develops long term relationships and loyalty.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales & Projects
- Design and sell irrigation projects, including but not limited to irrigation pivots, sprinkler packages, pipelines, pumps, and sourcing power.
- Design and sell grain projects (i.e. grain bins, dryers, and equipment)
- Customer Service
- Provide excellence customer service to all of K&T’s customers
- Provide knowledge in water flow, wire size, pumps and mainline equipment
- Design and sell pivot packages and sprinkler packages for new and existing clients
- Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and aftermarket merchandise.
- Competitively seek out new customers to expand company market share in a competitive area
- Retain existing customers by checking in to see their current needs and keeping relationships alive
- Research, identify, and deliver profitable business opportunities with new clients through customer relationships, cold calling, referrals, and networking
- Identify new sales opportunities in relationship to existing product line, product development and competitor offerings
- Provide on-going communication with management and service technicians
- Collaborate with sub-contractors to implement their services into existing jobs
- Ability to communicate and interact with vendors and the management team
- Ability to learn and train customers in new software products used to manage irrigation and grain operations
- Strong ability to communicate with all types of personalities
- Current Driver’s license is required
- Must be able to work both outside and in a dusty environment, and to lift 100 lbs occasionally.
- Company sales truck, cell phone, laptop computer and other necessary equipment
- Hands on industry training, comprehensive sales courses, continuous education
- Base salary between $30-45K annually
- Sales Commission and bonuses paid out annually
- Medical insurance after 90 days
- 401K with employer contribution after 1yr of employment
- Annual profit sharing program
- 2 weeks paid vacation after 90 days