Works under general supervision of the CFO/Support Value Stream Manager. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and executing human resource administrative matters that include but are not limited to the following: analyze the human resource challenges and needs of the organization in order to provide solutions, recruiting and selection, employment law/compliance, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, workers' compensation, human capital planning, training and development and talent management. . This position will also require high attention to detail in the data collection and entry into the human resource database software and personnel files and ensuring that quality and legal standards are maintained. Creation and maintenance of company policy and procedure manuals. Will also conduct recruitment, training, department budgeting, and auditing functions as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. High personal standards with a proven track record of integrity, business ethics, and professionalism. Maintains confidentiality concerning personnel actions, legal actions, termination and organizational plans.
2. Maintain overall supervision of the organization's recruitment and placement programs and processes; direct employment activities, assuring that properly qualified employees are recruited and hired for the company. Coordinate pre-employment tests, applicant screening, interviewing, and hiring procedures for all positions.
3. Serve as a member of the organization's management team in order to provide a human resources perspective to strategic, operational, and planning and implementation. Willingness and interest in working at both hands-on tactical and strategic levels.
4. Provide expert counsel to the organization's management regarding human resources issues and their business implications.
5. Work to assure that the company adheres to best practices in its Human Resources procedures including monitoring, fostering and working to maintain a culture of mutual respect in the workplace; ensure that there is a strong positive perception of the company and Human Resources as a business partner and key resource.
6. Participate in the corporate strategic planning process which may involve new business ventures and/or development of new product lines. Initiative, with a proactive, problem-solving attitude regarding business challenges; driven towards results.
7. Maintain complete employment and personnel statistics and prepare reports, as requested.
8. Supervise and develop the Human Resources staff. Ability to assert own ideas and to persuade others, gain support and commitment and lead the human resources group.
9. Exercise general supervision over all company benefit programs; participate in the selection of and negotiation with insurance carriers and brokers. Coordinate the administration of employee health, recreation, and benefit programs, including: company wellness program, , health, life and dental insurance programs, Section 125 programs, leave time administration, 401(k) plan, , , and service awards.
10. Prepare and revise personnel policies and procedures and provide interpretation of policies for managers, supervisors, and employees.
11. Coordinate the administration of employee training programs which may include conducting a survey of employee needs, researching programs, developing and designing programs to meet company needs, and coordinating the presentation of the information.
12. Coordinate employee communication programs and tools including company newsletter, memos, news articles, and administer an employee suggestion system.
13. Conduct research into personnel programs, activities, and benefits and recommend changes or innovations where desirable.
14. Provides a range of interpretation, support and problem resolution to an assigned employee including, but not limited to, implementation of FMLA and catastrophic leave policies, compliance with ADA, FLSA, and other related regulations and internal policies.
15. Performs periodic internal audits of employee personnel records, files and documents. Researches and takes corrective actions as applicable.
16. Maintain liaison with universities and school systems on continuing education programs.
17. Direct the training and development program of the company. Maintain contact with other companies, training organizations, and associations to keep abreast of new training developments and courses.
18. Directs the preparation of the Human Resource Department budget, as needed.
19. Updates Federal and/or North Dakota state EEOC and employment activity reports.
20. Prepare press releases and work with media in regards to notifications, position openings, etc.
21. Represents the company in the community and promotes the company's good¬will and interest in the community.
22. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
23. Helps the company meet its Quality objectives.
24. Other duties may also be assigned.
Demonstrates attention to detail, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, seeks self improvement, learns new skills to improve job performance, promotes a harassment-free environment, strives for personal and organizational excellence, maintains confidentiality, speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification, able to read and interpret written information, writes clearly, accurately, and concisely, displays willingness to make decisions, prioritizes and plans work activities, looks for ways to improve and promote quality; makes recommendations for improvements, accepts responsibility, follows or exceeds organizational standards, frustration tolerance, time management, teamwork and multitasking.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field; Master's degree preferred; continuing education and development in Human Resources necessary.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience of executive level Human Resources experience involving benefits, serving on a company's management team; strong strategic planning skills to provide leadership in Human Resources management to meet business or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Minimum of 10 years hands-on tactical Human Resources generalist experience with a focus on system improvements; project and vendor management; minimum of 4 years of project management experience; supervisory experience strongly desired.
• Expertise in developing recruiting plans, training and development programs, and retention initiatives.
• Strong knowledge of employment law including experience/exposure to ERISA, OSHA, EPA, EEOC, FLSA, ect.
• Experience in the development and administration of employee benefit and compensation programs; proven ability to direct the payroll function.
• Experience with labor relations activities, with expertise in implementing efforts to ensure the maintenance of a non-union status.
• Ability to establish partnering relationships with senior management in order to effectively build human resources programs that support the company's business objectives
• Active member of the National Society for Human Resource Management.
• Active member of the Southwest Area Human Resource Association.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HCRI) or other similar certification preferred
• Intermediate MS Word-required; Intermediate MS Excel-required; Intermediate MS Power Point-required; Advanced MS Outlook required; experience with ADP/Payroll systems strongly desired.
• Demonstrated coaching, facilitating and conflict resolution skills
• Communication skills (Develop written communications requiring grammar skills; Interact with customers and staff on an explanatory basis; interact with groups of people and co-workers; use of telephone and paging system; and oral communication)
• Basic math skills
• Strong reading skills
• Familiarity and use of general office equipment such as printers, copy machine, fax machine, etc.
- OR -
• An acceptable combination of education and experience.
3050 Highway 22 North
Dickinson ND 58601