Job PostingAug 14, 2016
Primary LocationNorth Dakota-Fargo
The Retail Management Trainee program is a behavior-based program that provides unique learning opportunities for the development of Assistant Store Managers. The program focuses on developing leadership, Administrative skills/knowledge and operations abilities. Participants will gain a better understanding of what it takes to manage the total integrated business.
The Management Trainee Program provides trainees with the technical skills and operational knowledge needed to manage retail food stores. It offers a comprehensive overview and understanding of retail store operations. The curriculum covers the following areas which are presented as separate learning modules: Meat and Seafood Department, Grocery Department, Deli Department, Bakery Department, Produce Department, Dairy/Frozen Department, General Merchandise/Health and Beauty Department, Pharmacy Department, Front End / Back Office Department. Each module uses the same framework to consistently organize information, and to focus trainees on the key skills and knowledge needed to implement department procedures and operations. The department training covers department introduction, product knowledge, safety and sanitation, managing inventory, merchandising/stocking, sales, service and profit.
Trainees are responsible for active participation in the learning process. Each trainee is provided with program tools and support throughout the process, and are accountable for all program activity and outcomes. Trainees are expected to:
- Attend the initial kick-off meeting and company orientation.
- Create and follow development plans and schedules.
- Communicate plans to all parties involved (i.e. Rotation Coaches, Store Director, Director of Operations, Human Resource).
- Complete all scheduled rotation learning and performance activities.
- Schedule supplemental and/or external learning experiences, such as Retail Merchant certification, etc., with assistance from the Human Resource Leader.
- Complete Self-Evaluation forms.
The trainee will spend 8-12 months in the management trainee program, it our hope the candidate will be prepared for an available position after successful completion of the training Completion of this program is not a guarantee of a management assignment.
*the management training program is designed to develop skills necessary to be a Department Manager and/or Assistant Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Promote customer service through a lead by example approach.
• Develop and execute a working knowledge of store operations to include ordering, hyper local merchandising, stocking, and pricing procedures.
• Learns and assists in departments throughout the store in order to gain an overall understanding of the operations within the store.
• Learns all management functions of opening and closing the store.
• Development of management skills such as mentoring, handling associate and customer needs, and various computer programs and reports to name just a few.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Minimum of a 4 year Bachelor's degree.
• Ability to readily adapt to customer needs, changes in schedules, and work priorities.
• Ability to adapt to new technology and be proficient in its operation.
• Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Ability to frequently reach, lift, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are necessary.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To Apply:
Visit http://careers.supervalu.com , click on "search jobs" and enter job number 15210.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
4151 45th St S
Fargo ND 58104
- Jennifer Weisgram