South Dakota Wheat Growers is an innovative grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 5,400 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. Despite the name, our members now grow more corn and soybeans than they do wheat. Wheat Growers markets approximately 160 million bushels annually – and has been serving member-owners with pride and integrity since 1923.
Wheat Growers is currently seeking a detail-orientated individual to join our team in Alpena, South Dakota. This position will oversee the daily bookeeping activities of the grain facility. This full-time position includes a complete benefits package and an excellent opportunity to begin a career in Agriculture.
This position is located in Alpena, South Dakota.
Job Duties include:
- Weigh trucks as they arrive at the location.
- Obtain grain sample using necessary equipment and grade grain accordingly.
- Communicate and work closely with Location Manager to ensure day to day activities run efficiently.
- Maintain grain inventory and monitor bin levels to ensure levels do not exceed maximum capacity.
- This position will be cross-training in all bookkeeping tasks.
- Partner with Grain Accounting for accurate and efficient accounting of grain.
- Contact customers regularly informing them of dumping hours, potential dumping delays, and market opportunities.
- Assist customers with marketing possibilities, ultimately working towards purchasing that producer's grain.
- Stay informed of current company programs and other information necessary to handle grain accurately and efficiently.
- Keep grain room, scale area, scale, and grading equipment clean and in optimum working condition.
- Must be flexible with hours during seasonal times such as harvest.
- This position will assist in inbound grain grading and weighing.
- High school diploma or general education degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good understanding of accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in work.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with other internal staff and patrons as necessary.
Wheat Growers offers a Full Compensation and Benefit Package including Health Insurance, Retirement Plans, Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off.
To apply, please visit www.wheatgrowers.com and click on the careers and internships tab. Or send your resume by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
908 Lamont Street S
Aberdeen, SD 57401
908 Lamont Street South
Aberdeen SD 57401