Fercho: 5 am - 10:30 pm Mon - Thurs, 5 am - 9 pm Friday, 6 am - 5 pm Sat and 8 am - 5 pm Sunday
The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties is a not-for-profit community service organization dedicated to enhancing the spirit, mind and body of all persons through quality leadership, programs, services and facilities.
The Y's cause is to strengthen community. Every day we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. To fulfill this promise, the Y requires strong cause-driven leadership to affect lasting personal and social change in our organizations three areas of focus: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This means leaders are committed to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
The Y is a diverse organization of people joined together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living, and foster a sense of social responsibility. Employees are recruited, selected, and hired based on the highest standards and the greatest relevance to achieving this cause.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, this position is responsible to maintain a safe pool environment while lifeguarding.
Staff Supervision of:
Required Education, Certifications, Experience
1. At least 15 years old
2. Lifeguard Certification
3. First Aid, CPR/AED Certification (must obtain prior to first day of employment)
Required Within a Specific Time Frame:
1. Within 1 year of hire: Listen First Training
Other Important Skills and Abilities:
1. Positive, effective, calm and professional communication – verbally and written – with staff, children, parents and others – tailoring the communication style to the appropriate audience.
2. The ability to work effectively with people of different backgrounds abilities, opinions and perceptions.
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Excellent attention span
5. Has a basic understanding of safety procedures
YMCA Competencies – Leader:
1. Mission Advancement:
• Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
• Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
• Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them
• Supports fundraising
• Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
• Builds rapport and relates well to others.
• Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
• Takes initiative to assist in developing others
3. Operational Effectiveness:
• Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
• Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately.
• Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members
4. Personal Growth:
• Pursues self development that enhances job performance.
• Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well
• Uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Maintains control of the pool and enforces safety rules in a firm but positive manner.
2. Ensures that the pool is never left unattended unless it is empty and all doors are locked.
3. Records water and air quality measurements plus reports any possible abnormalities or problems.
4. Is responsible for the safety of all people who enter the pool area.
5. Is responsible for the knowledge and understanding of the Aquatics Department policies and procedures.
6. Keeps the pool and pool areas clean and clear of any potential hazards.
7. Informs the aquatics supervisor or maintenance personnel of any problems or necessary repairs.
8. Is prepared to effectively communicate all YMCA rules and policies.
9. Maintains communication with the Aquatics Director and Aquatics Coordinator.
10. Exchanges resources and information with other fellow YMCA employees.
1. Is on time and present for scheduled shift; when unable to work scheduled shift – informs supervisor per policy.
2. Attends mandatory departmental meetings and training sessions as required.
3. Maintains a neat and clean work area, free of hazards.
4. Follows YMCA policies and departmental procedures.
5. Follows all emergency and safety procedures
6. Wears name tag at all times.
7. Other duties upon request by immediate supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk in sandles and work in a humid, chlorine smelling, sometimes loud environment, Must be able to speak, hear and understand the English language. This employee occasionally is required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties conducts pre-employment drug screens and criminal background checks on all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: $9.00/hour DOE
400 1st Avenue S
Fargo ND 58103