To direct and oversee all the financial activities of the corporation including preparation of current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. Responsible for operating the company in a profitable and effective manner. Responsible for capacity planning for machinery and labor throughout the value stream. Responsible for leading the Support Team VS team in a proactive and progressive manner to meet company and value stream goals. Responsible for value stream compliance for all QMS activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Confers with President, CEO, Value Stream Managers, Sales and other departments as needed the planning and preparation of the annual budget.
2. Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
3. Audit the financial operations of the various company projects.
4. Organize, direct, and supervise the various operating functions of the cost accounting to ensure, within company guidelines that federal, state, and local government financial and accounting regulations are strictly adhered to.
5. Prepare and revise personnel policies and procedures and provide interpretation of policies for managers, supervisors, and employees.
6. Oversee the Administrative, Human Resource, Quality, Continuous Improvement and Information Systems Departments to insure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Direct the billing and credit activities of the company, including the extension of credit, customer invoicing, accounts receivable records, and the collection of outstanding accounts.
8. Direct and implement the internal auditing of all receipts, disbursements, product and operational costs, assets and liabilities of the company.
9. Continuously review factors affecting the cost of administration, operating activities, and take necessary corrective action to keep costs consistent with objectives, or recommend such actions, as appropriate.
10. Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated.
11. Accomplish regular agency accounting duties including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, job costing, etc. Generates and distributes monthly financial reports to all appropriate parties.
12. Maintain insurance records.
13. Prepare cash forecasts. Studies long-range economic trends and projects company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas
14. Prepare various tax filings and related deposits.
15. Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring purchasing procedures and good business practices.
16. Ensure that all departments complete budgetary projections annually.
17. Communicates with employee regarding performance on a regular basis. Assures all employee evaluations are completed on time (6 month, 1 year, and annual).
18. Assures safety training for employees is completed prior to operation of any equipment.
19. Helps the company meet its Quality Objectives
20. Contribute to a positive work environment.
21. Other duties may also be assigned
Demonstrates attention to detail, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, seeks self improvement, learns new skills to improve job performance, promotes a harassment-free environment, strives for personal and organizational excellence, maintains confidentiality, speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification, able to read and interpret written information, writes clearly, accurately, and concisely, displays willingness to make decisions, prioritizes and plans work activities, looks for ways to improve and promote quality; makes recommendations for improvements, accepts responsibility, follows or exceeds organizational standards, frustration tolerance, time management, teamwork and multitasking.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance – MBA preferred
• C.P.A designation preferred
• Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information
• Graduation from college with a degree in Business Administration with major in accounting.
• 8 – 10 years of experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faced direction and planning.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift/carry 0-20 lbs, and rarely lift/carry 21-50 lbs. Employee rarely must be able to lift 30 lbs overhead.
Repetitive motion: The position involves light grasping, frequent forceful grasping, pushing/pulling and fine dexterity.
Environment considerations: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to hot/cold temperatures, vibration, and chemical & noise exposure.
Equipment used: Includes, but not limited to computers, copy machines, fax machines, and a telephone.
Ergonomics: The employee is expected to use ergonomic practices on a daily basis. Upon hire and on a yearly basis, training is provided by the employer.
To apply, complete the Steffes application online at:
Salary: $90,000 to $130,000 per year
3050 Highway 22 North
Dickinson ND 58601