Responsible for product design, customer contacts, and overseeing manufacturing of the sales engineering projects through completion. Researching new and existing technology and applying it to current design projects. Must be able to handle sales related inquiries whether on the telephone, on the road, or in the office. Must obtain insight on products being manufactured and be able to demonstrate such knowledge through presentations to customers, trades shows, and other expositions. Responsible for project cost accounting and transitioning products into production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsibilities include design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
2. Communicate with supervisor, the priorities and status of projects.
3. Direct involvement in testing, proving and documenting product design.
4. May recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
5. Work with production to resolve QCI requests and make updates relating to ECR's on current products.
6. Responsible for product design and overseeing manufacturing of engineering projects through completion.
7. Utilize engineering skills through the use of CAD systems.
8. Represent the company at various trade shows and exhibits and coordinate the activities associated with them.
9. Make personal contacts with potential customers, which may require road travel.
10. Responsible for project cost accounting and transitioning products into production.
11. Develop a professional rapport with key personnel at major customer accounts.
12. Responsible for tracking material costs and engineering hours on projects.
13. Works with Purchasing Department to insure smooth flow of materials on special projects.
14. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
15. Helps company meet its Quality objectives.
16. Other duties as may also be assigned.
Self directed learner; use and apply current technical concepts; critical thinking; problem solving; detail orientation; decision making; oral and written communication; frustration tolerance; time management; accountability; project management; flexibility; social comfort; negotiation; customer/quality focus; organization/planning; ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems; data analysis; occupational knowledge/technology orientation; teamwork.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or GED
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 2 years of work experience
• Intermediate MS Word; Advanced MS Excel; Intermediate MS PowerPoint; Beginning Access; Advanced MS Outlook
• Pro –E and Auto CAD
• Communication skills (Develop written communications requiring grammar skills; Interact with customers on an explanatory basis; interact with groups of people and co-workers; use of telephones, 2-way radios, public address system; and oral communication)
• Reading skills (Basic instructional and Technical)
- OR -
• An acceptable combination of education and experience
Salary: 50,000 - 70,000
3050 Highway 22 North
Dickinson ND 58601