Responsible for creating CNC programs for production, CNC equipment to include, but not limited to, the Finn laser-Turret, Prima Laser, HAAS Vertical Mill, FARO CMM and CNC Lathe. Will convert drawing, sketches, electronic files, and CAD drawings to CNC programs and optimize program for efficient use of equipment and material. Must understand mechanical design and production concepts. Will assist in the design process and utilize communications skills to explain drawings to production personnel. Will coordinate customer projects with engineering, purchasing, and production staff. Is customer focused, cost conscious, and schedule adherent, and innovative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create computer numerical control programs to efficiently operate Production and Tool & Die Equipment. Nests parts on lasers machines to minimize scrap while meeting delivery dates. Programs mills to optimize cutting and costs.
2. Draws all parts, products, layouts, diagrams, and revisions, as required. May assist in preparing cost estimates for manufacturing products. Interprets and follows instructions.
3. Coordinates directly with customers on prototype parts and meets customer requirements.
4. Coordinates direct sales with some Fabrication customers. Is able to communicate due dates and material requirements to appropriate personnel.
5. Utilizes education and experience and will pursue increased knowledge of programming and electronic design/drafting.
6. Must understand drawings and manufacturing processes and be able to convey these concepts to production personnel.
7. Must be able to inspect parts in process, finished parts, and parts from customers to confirm dimensions.
8. Organize all existing drawings and computer drawing files to ensure accurate and current revisions to be located in public folder location. Must demonstrate file management.
9. Create assembly drawings and detailed parts drawings for customer and internal products as required.
10. Coordinate manufacturing of prototype assemblies.
11. Operate production equipment when needed only after proper training.
12. Displays basic measurement skills, performs basic CNC operations, and ensures outputs meet specifications.
13. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
14. Helps the company meet its Quality objectives
15. Other duties may also be assigned
Self-motivation; use and apply current technical concepts; problem solving; oral and written communication; decision making; frustration tolerance; time management; accountability; flexibility
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or GED
• At least 6 months of machining or programming experience
• Basic computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc.)
• Programming and Drafting Software knowledge
• Communication skills (interact with customers on an explanatory basis; interact with groups of people, co-workers, subordinates; use of telephones, 2-way radios, public address system; and oral communication)
• Basic math skills
• Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- OR -
• An acceptable combination of education and experience.
1726 US Hwy 2
Grand Forks ND 58203