As the nation's largest beet sugar producer, American Crystal Sugar Company is committed to finding ways to continually improve. It's why we reward people who take action, work smart, and reach further.
We are seeking a strategic-minded, motivated individual to join our East Grand Forks, MN factory as Maintenance Superintendent. The purpose of this position is to ensure the physical integrity and operational efficiency of the entire factory and site through the effective management of maintenance resources, capital improvements and equipment replacement.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Manages maintenance activities for the entire facility, including all process equipment, factory buildings, factory grounds, industrial and inert landfills, railroad equipment, waste water treatment facilities and water storage ponds on a 24-hour-per-day, seven-day-per-week basis in the event of a major breakdown.
• Develops the factory maintenance budget for review by the Factory Manager to ensure Company objectives for maintenance and operational standards and completion deadlines are met. This is accomplished through detailed planning and allocation of resources, optimization of the mix of craft skills versus contract work, and selection of and spending on materials and equipment. Plant reliability and cost effectiveness are primary concerns.
• Leads the Factory Engineer, E & I Supervisor, and maintenance staff to plan and implement capital improvements to the factory to ensure long term Company growth and operating efficiency. Ensures optimum solutions are based on detailed information by managing a computerized maintenance information system that provides extensive equipment data and history. Manages outside engineering contractors and vendors to ensure projects are completed to specifications and completed on time.
• Ensures proper systems of preventative and predictive maintenance are established and followed and measurements are in place to track employee productivity, repair effectiveness, inventory controls and equipment availability.
• Participates in grievance resolution and arbitrations as needed.
• Manages maintenance within general guidelines established by the Factory Manager and makes staff recommendations for maintenance employees based on Company policies and the bargaining agreement.
Qualified candidates will have extensive knowledge of factory operations including engineering, safety, quality, good manufacturing regulations, food safety, purchasing and finance typically gained through the completion of an engineering degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years of maintenance and engineering experience. Must have strong supervisory skills, preferably in a union environment. Detailed knowledge of craft skills, engineering principles, computerized maintenance management, and a fundamental understanding of budgeting and production processes are essential to lead the maintenance organization, as is remaining current on new technologies and trends in the industry. Familiarity with safety, environmental, code compliance, and boiler plant and electrical generation is required.
To apply, please complete a company application on our website at https://www.crystalsugar.com/employment/application.aspx. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application or send accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
East Grand Forks MN 56721