Cardiology Post Procedure area - M-F various 9a-9p shifts; may be required to stay later or overnight until all patients are discharged. We are looking for applicants who have recent cardiac or acute care RN experience.
Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence • Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Registered Nurse performs admission system assessment and documents; identifies changes or high risk situations in patient's condition and takes appropriate actions; provides patient care; provides patient/patient's family with appropriate education and counseling; evaluates and documents patient/patient's family response to treatment, education and progress; preps and performs persantine and exercise stress tests; assists with procedures and procedure scheduling; demonstrates and maintains sterile technique; assesses and delegates duties and interventions to non-nursing personnel; communicates patient progress to appropriate caregivers; completes all documentation; organizes the flow of scheduled patients, identifies staffing requirements based on workload and patient acuity; demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity and transfers patients. Patients cared for includes those in the following age groups: adult and geriatric.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Registered Nurse.
• Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing (if a resident of North Dakota or changing residence for longer than 30 days) or licensed by a member of the •Compact State Agreement• if not a North Dakota resident. (If changing residence from a Compact State to North Dakota, will need to obtain a North Dakota license within 30 working days of obtaining new residency.)
• Nurses who provide nursing care to patients calling from Minnesota will need to be licensed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing or will obtain their Minnesota license within eight (8) weeks from their first day of work (telephone calls from patients calling from Minnesota can not be taken from any nurse unless they have obtained their Minnesota license).
• Recent experience in an acute care hospital or clinic setting caring for cardiac patients.
• Successful completion of functional assessment.
• Past experience in a critical care setting or experience with cardiac patients, ACLS certified.
Featured Employer Information
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002