Application Engineering Manager
Location Prinsco - Willmar, MN 56201 US (Primary)
Prinsco is a cutting edge plastics manufacturer searching for an innovative and creative leader for our Application Engineering department. Prinsco develops and manufactures HDPE products for the water management industry and is rapidly expanding with new facilities and new product development initiatives. With this expansion, we are seeking a creative talented technical leader for our quality department to help us push the boundaries to the next level.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 yrs experience in an Engineering Role with a BS in Civil Engineering and have design or practical experience with buried structures. Candidate must either be registered as a Professional Engineer or be eligible for licensure. Must be a self starter willing to apply creative problem solving skills to unique challenges. Must have strong computer experience to include Microsoft Office, strong analytical & math skills required and be detail oriented. Individual possess strong verbal & written communication skills & solid understanding of engineering practices and principles. Candidate must live in or be willing to relocate to Willmar, MN. Please submit applications online at www.prinsco.com. Equal Opportunity Employer.
General Purpose of Job:
To manage Application Engineering resources for the continued development and communication of the company's technical position and direction for product application. Interfaces with other departments to ensure the full range of technical assistance is provided to the marketplace and to the sales team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manages communications of Application Engineering personnel with engineers, contractors, distributors and others. Responsible for the development of departmental personnel as technical ambassadors for Prinsco.
- Manages Application Engineering resources in matters of national and regional technical significance that impact Prinsco products or services. Responsibilities include understanding products involved, impact of specifications, and aiding in the sales related specification development for favorable returns.
- Proactively manage projects to develop technical literature, communication plans, and design procedures for existing products/markets as well as new market entry for newly developed products.
- Proactively develop tools to maximize the success and acceptance of Prinsco product specifications in the marketplace.
- Manages product approval efforts for municipal/DOT and other regional/national approvals
- Works with Sales Managers to allocate application engineering resources in response to specific technical requests.
- Acts as a mentor, design resource, and facilitator for the applications related product development teams
- Implement and manage Application Engineering customer service performance metrics.
- Track and report department support statistics (# of Retention/ Detention systems, call volume, market needs, etc) to proactively anticipate staffing and technical resource needs.
- Assist in the coordination, interpretation and communication of testing/ research programs design to evaluate the performance of Prinsco products.
- Manage initiatives for the evaluation of competitive products to provide the sales & marketing team with tools to aid in competitive sales.
- Provides training and manages technical presentation materials for the application of Prinsco products.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by Director of Engineering.
1717 16th Street NE
Willmar MN 56201