Come to work for the nation's leading beet sugar producer in a hands-on, equipment oriented environment.
American Crystal Sugar Company is seeking experienced Boiler House Fireman for our Red River Valley Factories in Crookston MN, East Grand Forks MN, Hillsboro, ND, and Moorhead MN.
$21.72/ hour (rate will change if working a 12 hr. shift) and day-one benefits. Apply Today! Day-one benefits include medical/dental, flex $$, as well as retirement savings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains maximum boiler efficiency while operating a coal-fired boiler and a steam boiler.
• Completes emergency procedures in the case of mechanical, control or process-induced problems with the boiler and turbine.
• Operates and monitors ash-handling system and electro-static precipitators..
• Controls boiler operation with computerized control systems and turbine operation and reads operating board instrumentation water-level gauges.
• Performs maintenance and repairs in the boiler house, as directed.
• Completes the required boiler operation documentation, including logs, checklists, etc.
• Ensures established Company safety and sanitation guidelines are followed. Wears personal protection as required.
• Performs Coal Handler duties when required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Required to work overtime as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
• State of Minnesota, 2-A License or higher; must meet the state licensing requirements for the applicable state of operation.
• Minimum of one year prior boiler operator experience required.Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug testing and criminal background check.
The successful applicant must be able to:
• Completely describe the operating principles of a coal-fired boiler.
• Completely describe the operating principles of a steam boiler.
• Describe emergency procedures to be followed in the case of mechanical, control or process-induced problems with the boiler and turbine.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of steam and all its characteristics.
• Read the operating board instrumentation water-level gauges and use the computerized control systems to control boiler operation and turbine operation.
• Complete all logs, checklists, etc., required to document boiler operation.
• Must be able to perform duties of Coal Handler when required.
• Read and understand written information.
• Must be able to reference, read and understand how to use MSDS information.
• Certification for forklift and manlift is required.
• Adhere to established Company safety and sanitation guidelines.
• Be medically evaluated; fit tested and trained to use SCBA's in an emergency situation that would have to safely shutdown critical operations where abandonment would create a safety hazard.
To apply, please complete a company application on our website at https://www.crystalsugar.com/employment/application.aspx. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application or send accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Crystal Sugar Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
101 N. 3srd Street
Moorhead MN 56560