Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho. Essentia began fully integrating operations in the summer of 2010, bringing together the resources of its member organizations - SMDC Health System, Innovis Health, Brainerd Lakes Health and the Essentia Institute of Rural Health.
Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 13,000 employees, including 1,500 physicians and credentialed practitioners, whose mission is to provide high quality care while making patients feel known and understood. The organization is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork in 17 hospitals, 64 clinics and six long-term care facilities
In Essentia Health&rsquo;s West Region find a mix of picturesque small towns and major metropolitan areas. Landscapes are equally diverse, from the beauty of the prairies to lakes, rivers and woods. There&#39;s truly something for everyone. In the center of one of North America&#39;s most productive agricultural regions sits the bustling metro area of Fargo-Moorhead. One of the fastest growing economies in the Upper Midwest, the area is experiencing growth in population, employment and new jobs. Called the happiest city in America for women by Self magazine, Fargo-Moorhead is renowned for its friendly people and quality living. Good schools, affordable housing, and clean air and water are just a few of the things that make this a desirable place to live. The area has become a shopping mecca, attracting major retailers (check out West Acres Mall) and throngs of shoppers from throughout the region. Experience culture with ethnic celebrations, concerts for every taste, sports of all kinds and major names in entertainment. Arts and theater abound, from unique films at the Fargo Theatre to fine arts at Plains Art Museum. Small communities in this region represent the best of rural America. Great school systems, affordable housing and all around quality of life make these towns ideal places to live and to raise a family. Visit www.fargomoorhead.org for more information about the community. EOE/AA
Responsibilities: Evaluation, testing, treatment, education and patient consultation. Manages a health psychology caseload covering a wide variety of medical diagnoses to include: musculoskeletal pain, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, depression, mood disorders, and addiction. Trained in behavioral, cognitive therapy, and biofeedback. High caseload is in multi-disciplinary Pain Management Program with a strong mind/body treatment approach and supportive team. Opportunities to work collaboratively with Pain Management Program and other specialty areas.
Therapy Center Details: Developing a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of pain to include physical therapy, occupational therapy, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, MD board certified in pain, and Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Regular Business hours, no holidays or weekends
JOB SUMMARY: To provide therapeutic services and psychological evaluations to patients of all ages within the outpatient Behavioral Health Department. This is to include but is not limited to individual, group, and family therapy, diagnostic interviews and assessments, the administration and interpretation of psychological tests and coordination of treatment services for the patient. Percentage of time spent in psychological testing, psychotherapy and other specific job duties may vary between individual psychologists. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A doctoral degree in psychology from a regionally accredited university
-- AND --
- two years of supervised clinical experience in psychological health services of which at least one year is post-doctoral and one year (may be the post-doctoral year) is in an organized psychological health service training program;
-- OR --
- Listing in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology..
- Must be a Licensed Psychologist in the state of North Dakota.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Able to conduct individual, group and family therapy.
- Able to administer and interpret psychological tests and prepare written evaluations, with recommendations
- Familiar with the issues and challenges of providing mental health treatment in a managed care environment.
- Knowledge of diagnosis, diagnostic lexicons, development of treatment plans and adjustment of treatment plans based on measurable data.
- Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Capable of clear and concise communication, in both verbal and written forms.