- Responsible for maintaining a safe pool environment while effectively performing lifeguard dutie
Education, Experience, & Skills (Minimum Requirement):
- Previous experience as a lifeguard preferred. Local American Red Cross certifications in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR required.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Maintains control of the pool and enforces safety rules in a firm but positive manner.
- Ensures the pool is never left unattended unless it is empty and all doors are locked.
- Records water and air quality measurements. Reports any abnormalities or problems with the readings.
- Responsible for the safety of all guests to the pool area.
- Understands and maintains knowledge and understanding of the Aquatics Department Policies and Procedures.
- Keeps pool and pool areas clean and clear of potential safety hazards. Informs Aquatic's Supervisor or maintenance personnel of any problems or necessary repairs.
- Maintains a constant communication pipeline with the Aquatic Director and Aquatics Coordinator.
- Exchanges resources and information with other Family Wellness Employees.
AGE RELATED COMPETENCIES
Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
2960 SETER PKWY
Fargo ND 58104