Swimming Lesson Instructor
Responsible to instruct swimming lessons in the manner provided by the Aquatics Director while maintaining a safe pool environment for students and other patrons.
Education, Experience, & Skills (Minimum Requirement):
High school diploma or equivalent and/or previous swimming lesson instruction experience preferred. Local American Red Cross certifications in First Aid and CPR required. American Red Cross certification in Water Safety Instruction required at time of hire or must obtain within six months of date of hire
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Develops swimming skills in students.
- Able to control and discipline students in a positive manner consistent with the rules and safety guidelines of the Family Wellness Center.
- Develops bonds with students through consistent attendance and clear expectations.
- Follows and/or develops lesson plans consistent with Family Wellness lessons and are challenging and appropriate or each class level taught.
- Provides feedback to aquatics supervisors concerning all programs in which incumbent is involved.
- Evaluates and records all students' progress and distributes progress reports to each student and the end of each lesson.
- Responsible for the safety of all people who enter the pool area while on duty.
- Responsible understanding and maintaining the Aquatics Department Policies and Procedures.
- Exchange resources and information with other Family Wellness employees.
- Maintains a constant communication pipeline with the Aquatic Director and Aquatics Coordinator.
AGE RELATED COMPETENCIES
Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
This position is classified as a Category II position under OSHA guidelines with low risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
2960 SETER PKWY
Fargo ND 58104