Internship - Personal Training/Fitness
Contribute to Sanford Health operations and processes while obtaining first hand experience that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Education, Experience, & Skills (Minimum Requirement):
Must be enrolled or graduated from a program accredited as designated by department and have completed curriculum through the sophomore level. Must have good human relations and communications skills; must be able to follow procedures and instructions given by the leadership staff. Must have strong problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
Listens to understand what customers have to say.
Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
Builds effective working relationships.
Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Assists with the development of needs within the assigned department.
- Works in partnership with the manager, assesses needs of potential consumers.
- Assists with development of new programs, marketing of these programs and works in partnership with the department staff to deliver program.
- Assists with policy and procedure drafting and review as needed
- Researches other facilities including alternate YMCA's and Wellness Facilities.
- Current Departments with possible Internship Opportunities: Wellness Training, Personal Training, Wellness Education, Childcare, Group Exercise , Marketing, Membership and Front Desk Management
This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
2960 SETER PKWY
Fargo ND 58104