This position is located in Cavalier, North Dakota.
Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence • Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Nursing Assistant I reviews Plan of Care, documents signature prior to initial visit and with each Plan of Care change and clarifies questions; performs duties as assigned by Registered Nurse according to Plan of Care; reports changes in patient's physical condition; reports environmental and safety concerns; coordinates patient visit schedule with Case Manager/Coordinator; assures contact is made with patient or family to arrange time of visit or notifies of any changes in the visit time; completes and submits all documentation, and completes annual in-service training and education requirements. Patients cared for include infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric.
Primary Job Duties:
- Reviews Plan of Care, documents signature prior to initial visit and with each Plan of Care change and clarifies questions.
- Performs duties as assigned by Registered Nurse according to Plan of Care on all assigned patients, such as personal cares, light housekeeping, and errands.
- Reports changes in patient's physical condition.
- Reports environmental and safety concerns.
- Coordinates patient visit schedule with Case Manager/Coordinator.
- Assures contact is made with patient or family to arrange time of visit or notifies patient or family of any changes in the visit time.
- Completes and submits all documentation, e.g., client flow sheet, time sheets, etc.
- Completes annual in-service training and education requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Registration by the North Dakota State Department of Health as a Certified Nursing Assistant if working in North Dakota.
• Registered by the Minnesota Department of Health Nursing Assistant Registry if working in Minnesota.
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• Must possess valid driver's license and have use of personal vehicle to make home visits.
• Must maintain current liability motor vehicle insurance.
• Previous experience in a health care setting.
P.O. Box 6002
Grand Forks ND 58206