As the nation's largest beet sugar producer, American Crystal Sugar Company is committed to finding ways to continually improve. It's why we reward people who take action, work smart, and reach further.
We are seeking a motivated individual with strong instrumentation and controls experience to join our team as a Control Systems Engineers at our Technical Services Center. The purpose of this position is to identify, recommend, and provide high level programming of instrumentation and control changes to increase factory throughput and sugar recovery, reduce processing costs. Optimizes current automation of factory operations and assists in needs assessment, analysis, recommendation, development and installation of future factory automation capital projects.
The principal accountabilities of these positions include, but are not limited to:
• Design instrumentation and control systems; develop electrical design for batch and continuous process controls, specifications for process instrumentation, VFD and control valves. Develop documentation, diagrams, specifications, manuals, programs, and other related needs. Work with OPC communication between factory and business systems and industrial device networks.
• Research and recommend methods to enhance utilization of automation and computer control systems. Consult with the factory staff on capital process improvements and makes appropriate recommendations and program changes. Also consult with the factory staff regarding the maintenance of control systems to achieve optimum processing efficiency.
• Oversee the optimization of current controls systems and ensures systems are finely tuned and working at optimum levels. Participate in the needs assessment analysis, recommendation, development and installation of future factory automation capital projects.
• Oversee the support of PLC and process control systems.
• Work with the factory maintenance and other engineers to analyze, recommend equipment specifications and selection, install new equipment, recommend process improvements, and debug processes. Evaluate projects and equipment to determine life cycle benefits and return-on-investment.
• Provide general control systems and instrumentation training for factory employees to effectively prepare factory personnel to successfully operate electrical, instrumentation and control equipment.
• Assist with startup of the factories and often has involvement in numerous projects with multiple contractors and factory labor which finish just before factory startup. Operate within budget and schedule; completing capital jobs on schedule to allow for factory start-up.
Qualified applicants will have knowledge of instrumentation and electronic controls. Typically this is gained through working experience and/or the completion of a Bachelor's degree in electrical or controls engineering. Knowledge of, and prior industrial experience in Delta V, database programming, industrial networking and device networks, AutoCAD and other computer drafting and design software, computer programming, process modeling and control systems programming is desirable. Requires strong project management skills and excellent communication skills. Must be able to prioritize and organize work to control his/her schedule to facilitate the startup of factories on-time, within his/her reasonable ability to control events.
Come join our team! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package! Relocation assistance provided.
American Crystal Sugar Company is a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug tests and criminal background checks.
To apply, please apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Moorhead MN 56560