Detroit Lakes, MN
Transports raw materials, work in process and finished goods between various types of establishments such as: manufacturing plants, freight depots and warehouse. May also load and unload trucks with or without helpers. Must recognize and be able to make minor mechanical repairs needed to keep truck in good working order. Completes vehicle checks and pre/post inspections on every trip.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Drives Company trucks and delivers products to customers.
2. Picks up and delivers parts to platers, steel factories and the plant.
3. Completes vehicle circle checks and pre/post inspections on every trip.
4. Responsible for proper maintenance and care of truck.
5. Reports improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
6. Follows all established safety rules and regulations.
7. Moves and positions inventory and finished goods by use of pallet jacks and/or forklifts to their proper location.
8. Must represent the Company in a professional, honest, and forthright manner.
9. Loads and unloads trucks.
10. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
11. Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. At least two years of recent Class A driving experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
2. Strong working knowledge of tractor trailer operation, loading and minor maintenance.
3. Strong working knowledge of State and Federal motor carrier regulations.
4. Ability to operate, load and maintain Class A truck/trailer equipment in a safe, effective manner.
5. Must have a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License.
6. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
8. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Apply on-line or forward your resume and application in strict confidence to:
Human Resources Department
1111 13th Avenue SE
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
All employment offers are contingent on the successful passing of drug screening and pre-employment physical.
1111 13th Avenue SE
Detroit Lakes MN 56501