Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence • Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Nurse Line Registered Nurse performs duties of a Registered Nurse, functioning within nursing practice standards; answers telephone; manages calls to provide telephone triage; assesses patients and provides healthcare information based on accepted protocols and polices; refers patient to appropriate physician, hospital, and/or local healthcare center as appropriate; routes messages to appropriate health care provider; makes call-backs, as appropriate, to follow up on compliance; identifies changes or high risk situations in patient's condition; collaborates with Call Center team to coordinate services; documents health-related intervention and recommendations necessary for all calls and completes documentation in the EMR, and notifies Manager of any potential problems. Patients cared for include infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric.
Primary Job Duties:
- Answers telephone, assesses patients and provides healthcare information based on accepted protocols and polices.
- Manages calls to provide telephone triage.
- Refers patients to appropriate physician, hospital, and /or local healthcare center.
- Performs duties of a Registered Nurse, functioning within nursing practice standards.
- Routes messages to appropriate health care provider.
- Makes call-backs, as appropriate, to follow-up on compliance with telephone triage recommendations.
- Identifies changes or high risk situations in patient's condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced in reporting and documentation.
- Documents health-related intervention and recommendations necessary for all calls and completes documentation in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills with a high degree of accuracy for a variety of computer-related tasks.
- Collaborates with Call Center team to coordinate services to provide the best outcome for the patient/customer.
- Notifies Manager of any potential problems in regard to patient complaints, unsatisfactory outcomes, special needs or request.
- Identifies unmet customer needs and recommends improvements or enhancements to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust own schedule to meet fluctuation in workload and communicates this information to appropriate staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Registered Nurse.
• Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensed by a member of the •Compact State Agreement•.
• Must obtain Minnesota license from Minnesota Board of Nursing within eight (8) weeks from their first day of work.
• Telephone calls from patients calling from Minnesota cannot be taken from any nurse unless they have obtained their Minnesota license.
• Past nursing experience in a health care setting.
• Demonstrates proficient computer skills with a high degree of accuracy for a variety of computer-related tasks.
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• Three (3) years of experience in a clinic setting.
Featured Employer Information
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002