Industrial Engineering Technician
Location Prinsco - Willmar, MN 56201 US (Primary)
Education Associate Degree
- To assist in the development of a lean and efficient production environment through both process refinement and personnel development. To act as the conduit between engineering and operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Using best practices methodology, refine, design, and develop corporate SOPs for manufacturing.
- Work with Quality, Production, and Engineering to further develop manufacturing troubleshooting and problem solving guide.
- Be a technical resource for Safety and HR. Assist in the layout and design of work stations to promote safety and prevent injury.
- Assist in developing a process for training production employees when existing standards are modified and new standards are added.
- Assist in the development of an internal evaluation process to audit the use, comprehension, and effectiveness of the SOP system.
- Help to identify and lead efficiency improvement projects. Design, procure, and implement necessary tools and equipment for project completion.
- Indentify manufacturing work flow bottlenecks and non-value added operations and propose corrective or alternative actions.
- Create detailed cost justification for purchasing materials and equipment necessary to complete projects. This includes ROI, long term maintenance costs, and consumables and provide regular status reports to Dir. of Manufacturing for all open projects.
- Support prototyping and test run activities from new product development.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing processes for new products and help lead the integration of new technology and products into the manufacturing environment.
- Support the design and maintenance of bill of materials for new and existing products.
- Participate in engineering design reviews.
- Be a safety role model and adhere to all safety standards.
- Must be highly organized, self motivated, and work independently.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% otime.
Required Skills knowledge and training:
- Must have strong leadership skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to deal with shifting priorities and the ability to multi-task.
- Background in plastic extrusion industry or experience in manufacturing plant.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through working with others.
- Must be strong team player.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Experience with quality processes and continuous improvement orientation.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and/or Solidworks
Education and Experience
A minimum of an Associate's degree in industrial engineering or related technical field is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups. Ability to speak Spanish is helpful.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as conversions, output rates, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to understand basic engineering concepts and CAD drawings.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, or talk or hear or taste or smell up to 1/3 of the time. Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds 1/3 of the time. Close and distance vision are required.
Must be able to work in wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts and in extreme heat up to 2/3 of the time. Must be able to work safely in high precarious places. The noise level is loud in the production area.
1717 16th Street NE
Willmar MN 56201