Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence • Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Registered Nurse performs assessments and provides patient care which is appropriate to the patient diagnosis, symptoms, physician orders and health history, and documents all assessments and care as patient condition requires. Patients/customers cared for include children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
Primary Job Duties:
- Performs assessments and provides patient care which is appropriate to the patient diagnosis, symptoms, physician orders and health history, following hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Documents all assessments and care as patient's condition requires and/or as stated per policy.
- Identifies significant changes or high-risk situations in patient's condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced by reporting, consultations and documentation.
- Initiates/individualizes Plan of Care upon admission, reviewing and updating on a daily basis and as needed. Identifies needs to achieve expected daily outcomes and providing education to patient and families. Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team on a daily basis regarding Plan of Care, ensuring needs are met, continuity of care, and discharge planning is appropriate (i.e., follow-up, referrals).
- Facilitates therapeutic interactions with assigned patients each shift, according to standard operating procedure.
- Performs security measures and maintains the therapeutic milieu as evidenced by performing safety checks according to standard operating procedure, providing assignments, reality orientation, limit setting, behavioral modification, etc.
- Assesses, identifies and communicates with Nursing Administration unit staffing needs for the current and oncoming shifts. Assigns admit/transfers based on patient acuity level, nurse/patient ratio and staff skill level. Reviews nursing acuities from shift to shift ensuring proper levels of care are provided.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity.
- Administers medications utilizing the 5 Rights and according to licensure. Monitors patient response to medications, taking appropriate action when adverse reactions occur.
- Ensures completion of post discharge and/or outlying referral phone calls.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Registered Nurse.
• Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensed by a member of the •Compact State Agreement•.
• Must obtain Minnesota license from Minnesota Board of Nursing within eight (8) weeks from their first day of work.
• Telephone calls from patients calling from Minnesota cannot be taken from any nurse unless they have obtained their Minnesota license.
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• Previous experience in psychiatry or chemical dependency.
Featured Employer Information
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002