POWER PLANT TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR, NECE (On-Campus Position)
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsibilities include the development and instruction of online and classroom based courses, labs and instructional materials offered through the National Energy Center of Excellence. This position would primarily support, but not be limited to, the Power Plant Technology program. Additional responsibilities may include industry training, course upgrades, student advising, record keeping, submitting grades by the
established deadline, committee work, marketing programs, working with industry advisory committees, participation in commencement, and other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and/or Associate Vice President, National Energy Center of Excellence.
- Appropriate associate degree with agreement to complete a bachelor's degree within six years (tuition assistance available).
- Strong power plant operations experience.
- Strong plant auxiliary equipment and system knowledge.
- Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, etc., Outlook E-mail and Calendar, and strong Internet familiarity.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups and to articulate and support the community college philosophy.
- Will be required to obtain North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education certification (up to six years to
- obtain and tuition assistance is available). For more information on CTE certification: http://www.nd.gov/cte/teachercert/docs/PS_CertStandards.pdf.
- Appropriate bachelor's degree.
- Extensive industry experience including any or all of the following:
- o Operating large, fossil-fuel fired boilers and auxiliary systems
- o Operating gas turbines and associated generators
- o Operating hydro-electric power plants
- o Operating nuclear power plants
- Curriculum development, teaching and/or training experience.
COMPENSATION: Full-time and/or open to discussing other possibilities, tenure track position. Salary is $54,000 ,
based on experience, education and an 11 month annual contract (other contract options are available).
Comprehensive fringe benefit package including TIAA-CREF retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled. Applications must include the following: BSC faculty application form,
cover letter, resume, copies of earned certifications, statement of teaching philosophy, three letters of reference,
and transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). (NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
1500 Edwards Avenue
Bismarck ND 58506