As the nation's largest beet sugar producer, American Crystal Sugar Company is committed to finding ways to continually improve. It's why we reward people who take action, work smart, and reach further.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our Hillsboro, ND factory as Environmental Compliance Supervisor. The purpose of this position is to be primary factory contact for all environmental agencies and is responsible for all semiannual and annual reporting to state agencies. This position is further responsible for ensuring factory compliance with established environmental sampling, testing and reporting. This position trouble shoots noncompliance issues and takes corrective measures as appropriate.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Functions as the factory's resident expert on environmental issues and is required to understand all aspects of the environmental permits under which their assigned factory operates. The incumbent ensures all the Title V air, water and landfill data collection, records maintenance and testing for the factory. See full position description for complete details in Title V, Water and Solid Waste.
• Responsible for overseeing outside contractors to ensure they are following environmental requirements.
• Environmental issues relating to the factory piling grounds are shared accountabilities with the Harvest/Maintenance Supervisor.
• Updates Spill Prevention Control Countermeasure (SPCC) plans as well as coordinating training and ensuring monthly inspections as required by the SPCC plan.
• Manages the factory hazardous wastes storage site, which includes waste solvents, disposal of obsolete radioactive sources, and PCB's asbestos. The incumbent ensures documentation and coordinates training as required.
• Retains all records and updates the Tier II reporting as required for certification of chemical usage in the factory.
• Participates/coordinates and prepares semi-annual and annual factory reporting to regulatory environmental agencies and submitted in a timely manner by the incumbent in accordance with regulations.
• May supervise a crew of 2 to 6 union employees and outside contractors in the completion of environmental activities.
• Confers regularly with the corporate environmental staff to ensure continued compliance with existing and new environmental regulations and to ensure consistency between factories and a sharing of information and experience.
This position requires a basic understanding of environmental law and in depth knowledge and understanding of the permits under which their assigned factory must operate. Knowledge of factory operations and processes is required to understand the impact of permitting restrictions and in problem solving analysis of environmental operational issues. Strong leadership, communication and administrative skills are important. This knowledge and these skills are typically obtained through completion of a four year technical education. Environmental Compliance Supervisors are also required to secure licensing as detailed in the PD by factory, generally during the first year in this position, unless otherwise noted. A valid driver license is also required.
To apply, please complete a company application on our website at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application..
American Crystal Sugar Company is a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug tests and criminal background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hillsboro ND 58045