MD - Emergency Department
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VQ-MD-13-76-BRL-814689
SALARY RANGE: $0.00 to $0.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 to Friday, September 27, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: VM-0602-00
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Fargo, ND United States
WHO MAY APPLY: US Citizens and Non Citizens
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 814689
Fargo VA Health Care System is seeking a full time Emergency Medicine Physician
(This is an open continuous announcement until filled, first list of application will be processed starting January 9, 2013. We will accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be referred as they are received.)
Fargo is a thriving community that offers a sense of solid values and has been ranked #1 nationally for safety. We offer 4 hospitals, 3 colleges and all the amenities one would expect in a metropolitan area including great shopping, excellent private and public schools, an active arts community, sports activities for everyone along with direct air service to many other cities. If you want to live near a Minnesota lake we have short commutes that offer you the tranquility of the great outdoors as well as the ability to travel easily to major metropolitan areas of Minneapolis and Winnipeg. Affordable housing and overall low cost-of-living, and a low 7.5 sales tax make for a community where you can spend more of your income as you would like.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
** Not permitted to hire non-US citizens when there are qualified US citizens available. For this reason CVs must clearly identify citizenship-immigration status. Applications from H1, J1 visa holders will be reviewed.
•US Citizenship, non citizens will be considered if no qualified US citizens
•Must pass pre-employment examination and random drug testing
•English Language Proficiency required
•Current ACLS and BLS certification
•Background and-or Security Investigation required
•Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
The Fargo VA Health Care System is looking for a full-time Board Certified/Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine physician to provide care to veterans. Incumbent will admit, evaluate, diagnose and provide treatment, participating in continuing medical education and quality assurance activities; provide back up to Inpatient Unit during emergencies or unexpected absences until hospital provider arrives. On Call rotation required.
Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen, non citizens will be considered if no US Citizens are available per Federal Regulations.
Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
(1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
(2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
(3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
Licensure and Registration. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure.
Language Requirement: Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Physical Requirement: Physically and mentally able to perform the duties of their assignments under normal and emergent conditions. Applicant must pass a pre-employment medical examination and will be subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
Security Background Check: Applicants will be required to successfully complete a background security investigation.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS: References : VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G2, PHYSICIAN QUALIFCATION STANDARD.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, CV, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www4.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp .
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
EEO Policy Statement: http://www.usajobs.gov/eeo
Reasonable Accomodation Policy Statement: http://usajobs.gov/raps
Veterans Information: http://www.usajobs.gov/vi
Legal and Regulatory Guidance: http://www.usajobs.govlrg
HOW TO APPLY:
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CV/RESUME AND RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONNAIRE TO APPLY AND BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Instructions to assist you in Applying Online or via Fax:
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Login.aspx ) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
How to instructions if you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire.
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
4. Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
1. Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: TAG:VacancyID. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
2. Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on:TAG:Closing Date.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. CV or Resume with citizenship status. This is a required item and must be submitted.
2. Occupational Questionnaire (required)
If selected the following documents will be required at a later date:
1. VA Form 10-2850-Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850-fill.pdf)(required)
2. Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
3. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
4. If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action with current grade/step annotated. (required).
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Richard K. Pope
VHA Fargo HCS
2101 N Elm Street
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.
2101 Elm St N
Fargo ND 58102