Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence • Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Registered Nurse ensures patient is properly identified; performs and documents triage and assessments; ensures health history is completed; individualizes patient care; identifies discharge and education needs; provides patient care which is appropriate to the patient's chief complaint, symptoms and physician orders; identifies significant changes or high-risk situations in patient's condition; provides patient/patient's family with appropriate education and counseling; ensures that intervention or referrals are made promptly; evaluates and documents patient/patient's family response to treatment, education and progress; reviews patient care guidelines with patient and patient's family; communicates and accurately documents patient progress; identifies and communicates changes in staffing requirements; ensures completion of post discharge and/or outlying referral phone call; assists with coordination and preparation of transfer, and is committed to ensuring an exceptional patient/family experience. The Registered Nurse provides care to patients in the following age groups: infants, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Primary Job Duties:
- Ensures patient is properly identified by armband application and/or verification.
- Performs and documents triage and assessments according to standard operating procedure guidelines and/or as patient condition requires, i.e., vital signs, intake and output, room/caregiver assignment, etc.
- Ensures health history is completed using information from patient/patient's family and previous medical records.
- Individualizes patient care.
- Identifies discharge and education needs, documents and plans in order to meet those needs.
- Provides patient care which is appropriate to the patient's chief complaint, symptoms and physician orders, following hospital policies and procedures.
- Identifies significant changes or high-risk situations in patient's condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced in reporting, consultations, and documentation, i.e., central monitoring.
- Provides patient/patient's family with appropriate education and counseling based on identified needs to optimize patient/patient family understanding, i.e., pre and post calls.
- Ensures that intervention or referrals are made promptly, particularly when exceptions occur on the patient care guidelines.
- Evaluates and documents patient/patient's family response to treatment, education and progress so that discharge outcomes are achieved.
- Assists with testing procedures and testing procedure scheduling in compliance with validations.
- Performs personal cares according to established guidelines.
- Reviews patient care guidelines with patient and patient's family as needed to help patient achieve their expected outcomes and informs of delays in testing or treatment.
- Communicates and accurately documents patient progress following patient care guideline.
- Identifies and communicates changes in staffing requirements based on workload and patient acuity's, utilizing unit guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity.
- Assists with coordination and preparation of transfer, communicating with other floor nurses, transfer team and other facilities about specifics of patient care.
- Documents charge level following department guidelines according to procedure done and supplies utilized.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Registered Nurse.
• Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensed by a member of the •Compact State Agreement•.
• Nurses assigned to contact Minnesota residents must obtain a Minnesota license from the Minnesota Board of Nursing prior to making contact.
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• One (1) year of experience in an Emergency Department.
Featured Employer Information
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002
Grand Forks ND 58206-6002