Maintenance Technician II - Shift (To Be Determined)
Detroit Lakes, MN
Maintains, inspects, repairs and tests equipment and machines in the plant as well as the building's operational system. Design and fabricate new equipment and accessories in conjunction with the maintenance function.
1. Maintain equipment and building through procedures outlined in scheduled preventative maintenance work orders.
2. Repair equipment as necessary to include General repair “M” and Emergency “X”, work orders.
3. Be able to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine repair problems.
4. Be able to fabricate equipment as required to include the associated; welding, cutting and drilling activities.
5. Submit timely progress reports on specific maintenance projects he is in charge of and update all involved individuals.
6. Follows department procedures to enter time and components accurately on maintenance work orders.
7. Uses continuous process improvements to improve preventative maintenance procedures.
8. Be able to replace machine parts as part of repair projects.
9. Consults with the Maintenance Lead and other personnel as required in conjunction with maintenance and/or repair projects.
10. Be able to provide required tool assortment for position within 30 days of Tech 2 status. List will be provided.
11. Must follow BTD safety policies including the wearing of proper PPE at all times when on duty.
12. Participates in other organized activities, committees, etc. within BTD.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Graduation from high school (or equivalent) plus at least two years of related technical training and one year on the job BTD experience or three years of on the job related experience in the machine maintenance field.
Apply on-line or forward your resume and application in strict confidence to:
Human Resources Department
1111 13th Avenue SE
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
All employment offers are contingent on the successful passing of drug screening and pre-employment physical.
1111 13th Avenue SE
Detroit Lakes MN 56501