South Dakota Wheat Growers is an innovative grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 5,400 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. Despite the name, our members now grow more corn and soybeans than they do wheat. Wheat Growers markets approximately 160 million bushels annually – and has been serving member-owners with pride and integrity since 1923.
South Dakota Wheat Growers is looking to add a full-time Sales Agronomist to our Agronomy facilitieis in:
Chamberlain, South Dakota
Kimball, South Dakota
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPSONIBILITIES:
- Promotes and coordinates the sales of fertilizer, ag chemical, seed, site specific technology and all related services.
- Assists producers in establishing crop production practices to maximize yield.
- Conducts sales calls to determine what motivates customers to buy and ascertain how you can satisfy needs with Wheat Growers products and services.
- Examines results of crop production studies to discover and enhance characteristics such as yield, quality, adaptation to specific soils or climates, and resistance to diseases and pests.
- Studies crop production to discover best methods of planting, cultivation, harvesting, and effects of various climatic conditions on crops
- Scouts fields and develops methods for control of noxious weeds, crop diseases, and insect pests.
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Agronomy; or an Associates Degree in Agronomy from a two year program; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Profit Sharing, 401k, Clothing Allowance, Sick, Vacation, Holidays, Employee Retention Bonus and MORE!
To apply, please visit www.wheatgrowers.com and click on the careers and internships tab. Or send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
908 Lamont Street S
Aberdeen, SD 57401
908 Lamont Street South
Aberdeen SD 57401