South Dakota Wheat Growers is an innovative grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 5,400 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. Despite the name, our members now grow more corn and soybeans than they do wheat. Wheat Growers markets approximately 160 million bushels annually – and has been serving member-owners with pride and integrity since 1923.
Wheat Growers in Langford, South Dakota is currently seeking a skilled individual to assist with the custom application of agronomy products to area crops. This person must already have a CDL or be willing to obtain one along with an applicators license. GPS and mechanical knowledge is also a plus.
This full-time position is located in Langford, South Dakota.
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining spray equipment according to specifications. Also performs plant operations duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates and maintain fertilizer in a safe and accurate manner.
- Performs necessary maintenance.
- Blends and follow label when blending crop protection products.
- Reads maps, follow directions, and operate equipment with computer assisted operations.
- Provides accurate and efficient unloading and delivery of product.
- Scouts field to determine appropriate chemical mix, if necessary.
- Performs plant operations duties in grain and/or agronomy departments as assigned; examples of plant operations duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering products and services to customers in a prompt, courteous and reliable manner.
- Possessing a general knowledge of all products and services.
- Assisting in maintenance and cleanliness of facility, equipment and grounds.
- Assisting in loading and blending all grain.
- Assisting in keeping facility clean and neat in compliance with Government and SDWG rules. Such as: cleaning dryers, legs, and conveyors.
- Operating all machinery and equipment as required.
- Preparing railcars for loading and shipment.
- Greeting customers in a courteous manner.
- Understanding and following all safety and company rules and regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This full-time position offers a complete benefits package including: Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Profit Sharing, 401k, Clothing Allowance, Sick, Vacation, Holidays, Employee Retention Bonus and MORE!
908 Lamont Street South
Aberdeen SD 57401