FM Career Expo, Fargo
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
12:30pm - 3:30pm
1635 42nd St S
Looking for a new job in the Fargo, ND area? Local employers have jobs available and are hiring! Find a new job or explore a new career opportunity.
70+ Employers! Don't miss your chance to network with local hiring managers.
#proudmediasponsor of this great event!
Job Fair Tips
Before the job fair…
- Obtain a List of Employers – research employers of interest.
- Update Your Resume – this is your opportunity to sell yourself.
- Practice What to Say – you have only a few minutes to introduce yourself and spark an employer’s interest in you.
- Arrange Childcare – A job fair is a serious opportunity to land an interview.
- Dress Appropriately – you only have one chance to make a first impression.
At the Job Fair…
- Network While You Wait – talk to other job seekers while you wait.
- Be Remembered for the ‘Right’ Reasons – Dress appropriately and turn off your cell phone.
- Be Polite at All Times - The person you meet in the parking lot, hallway or restroom may be an employer you will see later in the day.
- Recruiters see you as a potential future representative of their company – display confidence, enthusiasm and the ability to think and speak ‘on your feet’ and under pressure.
- Get the Employer’s Business Card – Discuss how and when to follow-up.
- Make Notes – to prepare for follow-up or to improve future employer contacts
- Prepare Questions to Ask the Employer at the Job Fair
Always thank the employer for talking with you.
Contact Job Service North Dakota, 1350 32nd St S, Fargo for additional information.
JOB SEEKERS - CLICK REGISTER TO GET YOUR RESUME ON FILE.