Assistant Director for Video Production
Hiring Department: Athletic Department, External Operations/Video
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $32,000 / Benefited, Non-Exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The purpose of this position is to increase the exposure for North Dakota Athletics on multimedia platforms by producing live and on demand content. This position will produce live events and original content for exposure on television, FightingHawks.com and other streaming platforms. This position plays an important role in content creation and content strategy in our athletics department.
This position’s responsibilities could include, but not limited to:
- Produce video streaming of games and special events
- Produce video board productions for volleyball, men’s basketball and women’s basketball
- Produce social media in-game highlights and pre-production elements
- Fulfill appropriate sponsorships
- Coordinate distribution to television master control and to webcast provider
- Maintain equipment and lead equipment and facility upgrades
- Produce all on-demand videos such as Through These Doors
- Produce all video feature stories and all intro videos for football, volleyball, men’s basketball and women’s basketball
- Produce TV commercials and hype videos
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must have effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administration, alumni and general public
- Must have commitment to NCAA compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations
- Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safely and well-being of the student-athletes including having a valid drivers' license
- Bachelor's Degree, Communications, Journalism, Video Production or related field
- One year of experience as an intern, part-time or full-time in sports or news video production or related video production
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Valid driver's license
- Successful completion of criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- One year of full-time experience in sports or news video production or related video production
- Experience with video cameras, Tri-Caster, 3 Play, Chyron
- Experience with Adobe Premier Pro
- Experience with Adobe After Effects
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of college athletics
- Still photography experience
- Graphic design experience
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.