Application closing date: 7/26/19
Starting date: 9/3/19
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS: Full-Time, Unlimited, Non-Exempt Monday thru Friday; 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (includes two 15-minute, paid rest breaks and one 30-minute, unpaid lunch break)
Eligible for Full Benefit Package
Salary range: $19.46 to $28.15 Per Hour; $40,632 to $58,777 Annually
CONNECT 700 Eligible
Description of Duties
This position exists to promote the college and engage potential students, their families, and the community through advertising, social media, and web content.
Minimum Qualifications (expected to have to enter job):
- Associate Degree in graphic design, communication art, or similar degree
- One year of work experience in digital promotion or related field.
- Strong spelling, punctuation, grammar, copy writing, editing, and proofreading skills in order to write to different audiences and for different platforms (print and web).
- Extensive experience and familiarity with social media platforms and ability to keep current with trends, best practice, technology advancements, end-user expectations, etc., in order to recommend new social products and social media programming initiatives.
- Ability to produce original artwork, designs and logos, using natural artistic talent, clip art, computer generated art and photos as necessary.
- Ability to provide layout and graphic design of print, web-based and visual graphic materials.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with computer software packages and graphic design programs (i.e., Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign).
- Proficient with smartphone, tablet, and mobile devices.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficient with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and HTML
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or other related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written communications).
- Strong organizational and planning skills in order to manage projects, identify priorities, and meet timelines with little supervision.
- Ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of role of culture in a diverse multicultural workplace.
- Ability to quickly learn new software, such as ISRS, RightNow, or other selected software as position responsibilities expand.
- Experience in media relations. Experience with business social media promotion.
- Experience with videography creation and editing.
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Knowledge of web writing and style guides.
- Experience with jQuery.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Click on Apply for a full job description including additional requirements and to apply online. Applications accepted on a competitive basis through the Careers website: . Job ID 34077
Safety Statement: This employee is expected to develop a working knowledge of and comply with all college safety rules, and regulations and policies.
Affirmative Action Statement: This employee is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional and customer service-based manner at all times to promote a harassment-free environment. All communications and interactions with internal and external customers are to be conducted with courtesy and respect.