Customer Service Associate
Primary Objective of Position
To serve as primary inside sales contact to customers and Company personnel for all information related to non-standard product requirements, order entry, status, expediting, delivery, product availability, pricing and quotations. To provide superior customer service to maximize customer satisfaction and promote the company in the marketplace.
Technical Job Functions
- Receive incoming orders, verify and effectively communicate issues related to product pricing, deliveries and special requirements. Use software as required to enter and acknowledge customers’ orders and updates, if change orders are required. Perform tasks in such a way as to prevent errors and omissions.
- Serve as primary customer contact. Effectively and professionally communicate order status to customers. Process quote requests, return authorizations, credit memos and Quality Corrective Actions per SOP. Process sample requests.
- Act as customers’ ambassador in meeting order requirements. Bridge internal company structures in Credit, Product Planning, Purchasing, Shipping, Engineering and Production to coordinate product shipment.
- Establish and maintain high performance teamwork and positive working relationships within assigned teams and with all applicable Company departments, regional managers, manufacturers’ reps and other internal and external customers. Provide advisory information and assistance to the department supervisor as needed.
- Maintain source documentation to support audit requirements, including customer purchase orders and contacts, evidence of shipments, approvals of deviations, tax exemption certificates and other documents as applicable.
- Attend sales seminars, meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on latest developments, trends, and regulations in the marketplace.
Authorities and Responsibilities
- Assume other projects and responsibilities as directed by manager.
- Regular and Predictable Attendance Is Presumed to Be an Essential Function of All Employment.
- Position reports to Department Supervisor, and has continuous interaction with internal and external customers, including OEMs, distributors, Manufacturers’ Reps, Regional Managers, Sales and Marketing on orders and status; with Credit, Product Planning, Purchasing, Shipping, Engineering and Production at managerial and peer levels.
- Requires effective communication and cooperation to facilitate an easy-to-do-business-with environment and to contribute to a cohesive, productive unit dedicated to the achievement of corporate goals.
- Performance influences customer perception of the Company.
- Decisions affect customer satisfaction, order fulfillment and invoicing accuracy.
- May use independent judgment to approve customer-requested returns or to ensure satisfaction based upon Customer Service and/or Quality policies and procedures.
- May need to expedite product to meet the most critical customer requirements.
- Participate in successful achievement of annual sales targets.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three-plus years’ experience in Customer Service, Marketing or Inside Sales.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Two year degree or higher.
- Product knowledge of RF connectors, cable assemblies and electrical products.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
Bel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.