2 position vacancies
Hiring Department: Facilities Management
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $25,000.00 a year, Full Time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Sunday to Friday 10:30p.m. to 7a.m.; All facilities positions are subject to call-backs 24/7.
We are currently recruiting for two vacancies in our Academic Buildings.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Qualified internal candidates will receive first consideration.
Position Details: The Full Position Description is attached to this posting in the bottom right had corner.
- Mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, and renewing floor finishes. Washing windows, blinds, mirrors, walls, doors and woodwork. Cleaning and dusting furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, appliances, and related furnishings. Cleaning and disinfecting rest room in public and /or residential areas. Maintaining a continuous supply of paper in all dispensers. Collecting and picking up waste and recyclable materials, both inside and outside of buildings. May perform power washing, leaf removal, moving snow and may be required to operate a snow blower. Performs minor repairs to equipment. Responsible for reporting minor and major maintenance and equipment issues to appropriate personnel. Removal of snow from sidewalks, cleaning gutters, drains spouts, and grounds outside. Moving and setting up furniture and equipment for events or departments. Locking and unlocking doors main building doors as required. Possible State Fleet vehicle use. . Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for entering labor hours in our computerized program, FAMIS. Will submit supply requests and work orders. Responsible for submitting timely leave requests to management. Responsible for checking and reading University email account on a regular basis. Must follow University policies and procedures. Responsible for University keys. May be required to use a University issued cell phone. May be responsible in assisting supervising students.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English well enough to perform the functions of the position; including reading and communicating in regards to work orders, safety instructions and chemical labels.
- A high school degree or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Basic Microsoft Office computer experience.
- Experience with cleaning equipment.
- Experience with hotel/motel set up.
- Valid driver's license.
- Knowledge of FAMIS.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.