ASC RN - Dean Medical Group - PT Nights
The ASC Registered Nurse provides highly skilled nursing care in various stages of the patients' surgical/procedural experience through continual assessment, planning and evaluation of changing patient care needs.
1. Planning, organizing documenting and evaluating nursing care at various stages of the surgical/endoscopic patient's experience in the electronic medical record.
2. Coordinates changing nursing care needs with other team members.
3. Utilizes all opportunities for continual patient assessment and patient teaching.
4. Participates in the development of and attends in-service and continuing education programs to maintain current skill level.
5. Assists in the organization and development of policies and procedures.
6. Remains current on all policies and procedures that reflect the philosophies and objectives of the DMG Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
7. Must be able to maintain professional manner in a varying and quickly changing work environment.
8. Maintains confidentiality of patient
9. Responsible for maintaining clean, safe environment with properly functioning equipment
10. Adheres to and complies with the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in the Joint Commission Accreditation Process.
11. Records all nursing care clearly and concisely in the medical record
12. Attends and participates in staff meetings for problem solving and departmental goal setting
13. Functions in all areas of Ambulatory Surgery Center, following proper orientation (OR area specialized training)
14. Maintains universal precautions in daily activities
Position descriptions are not intended to be and should not be construed to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the supervisor.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current state license in the state of WI.
2. Must be CPR certified or obtained as soon as possible following employment.
3. Minimum of one to two (1-2) years of experience in a post-surgical or PACU nursing role.
4. Must have ACLS certification or obtain certification within 6 months following employment;
5. Ability to identify, analyze and implement problem solving techniques;
6. Show initiative for self-development and continual education;
7. Accept and give direction to and from a number of other health care workers and display initiative, flexibility and adaptability.
1. 2 years of experience in an ambulatory surgery center or post-surgical nursing role.
2. PALS certification or obtain certification within 6 months following employment.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand or walk for extended periods and move quickly between tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working with the computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to twist/bend, stoop/crouch.
5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes, charts, washer, autoclave, mechanical lift, OR booms, OR tables or other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to safely perform patient handling tasks, such as pushing a wheelchair, ambulation assistance or transfers.
7. Ability to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when working around blood borne pathogens, lasers or chemicals.
8. Ability to work first, second or third shift type hours.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.