Nutrition Services Workers
Description - Job ID 44909
JOB GOAL: To serve the students attractive and nutritious meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, and warmth.
1. Assists in the preparation and serving of food in a fast, orderly, and pleasant manner.
2. Assumes responsibility for ensuring that the adequate supply of food is replenished during meal service times.
3. Teams effectively in the daily clean up of the kitchen and service areas.
4. Performs major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms at regularly scheduled intervals as designated by the lead nutrition services worker.
5. Assumes responsibility for storage and disposal of unused foods.
6. Cooking in production, as in designating job for items needed in district-wide operation.
7. Must attend work regularly.
8. Must communicate effectively with all stakeholders to meet District and position duties successfully.
9. Performs any and all duties designated by the lead nutrition services worker.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This work regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, speaking, hearing, occasional pushing, pulling, lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work may require preparing and analyzing written or computer data, and observing general surroundings and activities; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. school cafeteria/playground/passageways).
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Nutrition Services
1. A desire to work with children.
2. Ability to perform tasks in a time conscious environment.
3. Ability to work well within a "team" or co-workers.