Tharaldson Ethanol, the ethanol plant located in Casselton, ND, is accepting applications for a Process Operator.
Responsible for the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties:
* Constantly review the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Participate in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
* Maintain adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
* Communicate directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
* Sample and test process streams and boiler waters as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
* Understand and implement start-up and shut-down procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the Gas-fired package boiler, TO and dryer system. Control Fire Hazards; know methods of control and emergency reporting in case of fire. Inspect Fire suppression equipment daily. Know the interlock system.
& Maintain accurate records of boiler and dryers on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
* Maintain QA/QC records.
* Understand and interpret QA/QC results and take appropriate action when required.
* Communicate directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
* Perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
* Assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
* Work in a safe manner at all times.
* Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
The successful Process Operator candidate should have a general understanding of process and operating procedures and a willingness to learn procedures for the Ethanol industry.
High school diploma or equivalent certificate required. Associate degree or technical degree/certification preferred. Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred
We offer on-the-job training and an excellent benefits program.
Click "apply" to email your resume or apply in person at:
3549 153rd Ave SE
Casselton, ND 58012
Apply for Process Operator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly