Are you looking for a unique teaching experience?
If so, look no further! Elim Children's Center is looking for an incredible teacher that considers teaching preschool a passion rather than just a position. Our small center is located within Elim Care in south Fargo. Children in our innovative early learning setting have the unique opportunity to benefit by interacting with the “grandmas and grandpas” who call Elim home. We're looking for someone who believes in teaching through play and experiences and believes whole-heartedly that children should be allowed to be children.
Position: Preschool Teacher
- Create an age appropriate (ages 4 - 5) environment
- Supervise a group of 10 children to ensure their safety, care, and education
- Communicate with director and co-workers
- Implement and follow an age appropriate classroom schedule
- Write weekly lesson plans using center curriculum
- Complete observation notes and checkpoints three times a year
- Communicate with parents daily
- Maintain paperwork as required
- Foster spiritual growth
Hours: 40 hours a week - No evenings or weekends!
Salary: $13+ depending on experience
- Must have an Early Childhood Degree, Child Development Degree, CDA, or a degree in any major with at least 8 credits of Early Childhood Education.
- Infant/Child CPR, First Aid, and AED training - can be completed upon hire
- Fingerprints and background check done for the state of North Dakota
- At least 1 year previous experience working in an early learning environment.
Additional Requirements and skills:
- Must have reliable transportation
- Be patient and willing to learn
- Understand that caring for and teaching young children is hard but rewarding
- Be compassionate and understanding
- Willing to work with other teachers, director, and parents to provide the best possible opportunity for each child.
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Sit and stand with ease
Three full days of orientation and training. There will also be time to become familiar with our center and classroom before taking over full responsibilities.
As soon as possible but, we are willing to work with you if you need to give a longer notice at your current job.
- Paid Vacation, sick, and personal time
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Retirement matching
What makes Elim Children's Center UNIQUE?
Elim Children's Center (ECC) opened in May 1997 within Elim Care, a long term care facility, in Fargo. ECC is a small Christian facility with three classrooms and four full time teachers. While most of the day is spent in the classroom or outdoors we still have time for spontaneous and planned activities with the "grandmas and grandpas." We also have animals residing in our facility including; fish, cats, dogs, birds, hamsters, and chinchillas. No two days are ever the same. While working at Elim Children's Center you will experience a truly unique early learning environment.