Associate/Director/Senior Director of Development
(title commensurate with experience)
Reporting to the Managing Director of Principal and Major Gifts for the MSUM Foundation, the successful candidate will be responsible for executing strategies, building relationships, and supporting campaign objectives that align with the University’s strategic goals and mission.
This position will be responsible for identification, cultivation and solicitation of an assigned portfolio of annual and/or major gift prospects. National travel is required.
Primary Responsibilities and Core Qualities:
- Favorably represent and advocate for MSUM in all dealings with constituents.
- Manage a gift portfolio consisting of alumni, friends, corporations, parents, and charitable foundations.
- Utilize prospect management and research to identify, cultivate, and track progress of donors through all stages of the donor cycle.
- Work collaboratively with the development team, campus and foundation staff.
- Serve as a liaison between assigned college and the Foundation.
- Demonstrate the University’s core values of grit, heart and humility.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Strong analytical and consultative skills, with a head for business.
- Organizational skill with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Extensive overnight travel and some weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2+ years in annual or major gift, planned giving, leadership development, or similar comparable professional experience that would lend to transferable skills.
- Background in higher education and/or institutionally-related foundations.
- The projected compensation range for this individual will be competitive and commensurate with the background and experience of the selected candidate and includes a base salary plus benefits package including health care reimbursement, paid PTO, sick time, holidays, and employer contributions to a retirement plan.
Please submit Letter of Interest, including salary expectation, and Resume to Nonda Mack, Director of Foundation Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening for this position will begin on August 19 and remain open until filled.
Apply for Associate/Director/Senior Director of Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly