Adult Farm Management Education Instructor
POSITION: Farm Management Education Instructor
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Anyone eligible to work in the USA
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, non-tenure track, benefited position.
BACKGROUND CHECK: NDSCS requires a successful background check for the selected candidate prior to official offer of the position.
JOB SUMMARY: : Duties include teaching recruiting and enrolling students; assisting students in developing sound farm financial and production records; submitting completed year-end farm business analysis for state and local averages; student advising and curriculum development
- Must support the mission, vision and values of NDSCS
- Bachelor’s degree in an Agriculture-related discipline, business or other related field
- one or more years of experience in agriculture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using Microsoft office suite including outlook
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Motivated, self-directed, & able to work effectively & professionally with students & staff in a team setting.
- Ability to articulate and support the two-year postsecondary college philosophy with a commitment to teaching and learning in a two-year college setting.
- Master’s degree in an agriculture-related discipline, business or other related field
- Experience using Quicken, FINPACK, Easy-farm, and/or other record keeping software
- Holds current Certification by North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
BENEFITS: Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount.
DATE AVAILABLE:September 1, 2019
SCREENING BEGINS: Immediately
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: To be considered, applicants must complete the following application/checklist. Applicants should fully describe qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the qualifications and responsibilities listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based. Only applicants who appear best qualified based on this review will be invited for a personal interview. The submission of all required materials buy the screening date is the responsibility of the applicant. Only electronic applications are accepted. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, NDSCS employment application, resume, transcripts and three professional references.
If needed, please contact Human Resources for accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.