Safety & Risk Manager
Manages and directs the safety and risk management functions including maintaining compliance with all state, federal, and corporate safety and environmental laws and regulations. Manages and administers all workers compensation loss control functions and injury/illness prevention programs.
1. Maintains Trident Seafoods and OSHA mandated safety and health programs including coordinating, facilitating and/or conducting training.
2. Plans and directs training, safety audits and other safety awareness programs.
3. Interprets rules and regulations in developing a risk assessment of site specific conditions. Evaluates and makes recommendations based on the risks and environmental conditions of a site.
4. Manages the development, implementation and maintenance of all safety and health programs in compliance with Trident Seafoods and local governing agencies such as OSHA, MPCA, EPA, SARA and DOT.
5. Manages, administers and facilitates workers compensation functions including accident and injury reduction.
6. Maintains loss control data, tracking frequency and severity of accidents and developing safety incentives.
7. Works directly with production supervisors, physician, nurse, and insurance carrier to coordinate the activities of employees injured on the job.
8. Conducts accident investigations, maintains OSHA Log and federally mandated posting requirements. Responsible for monthly and yearly reporting to Corporate Safety Department.
9. Coordinates Plant Emergency Operations activities for plant evacuations and fire drills.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in safety or related field, or equivalent experience; minimum 3 years experience in industrial manufacturing safety, with a proven track record of successful safety and loss control management
Stop in or apply from home by click on "Apply"
Drug testing required
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action: Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran