Web Designer / Developer
Watch this video to learn more about working at University of Wisconsin Superior.
UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
POSITION: IS Specialist (Associate/No Prefix/Senior), 100%, Academic Staff, Renewable
DUTIES: The Web Designer/Developer provides web design, programming, and technical support for UW- Superior's campus-wide website, web content management system, mobile application environment, and web services. Technical responsibilities encompass the full scope of the programming development lifecycle and application support including functionality review, systems analysis and design, implementations and upgrade project planning, and application of upgrades to technical and functional components of the systems. Functional responsibilities encompass oversight, design and development for the University's web content management system and mobile application environment, content management system training, conversion, and ongoing technical support of the web and mobile applications relating to the campus.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Associate’s Degree in Multimedia Design, Web Development, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with web content management, webpage design and web statistics
- 2+ years’ experience using multimedia and web development with tools such as Integrated Development Environments (such as Dreamweaver), Photo Editing Software, etc.
- Experience with system upgrade testing and applying vendor patches and upgrades
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design, Web Development, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of the function and makeup of Microsoft SharePoint, Teams and other Office applications
- Knowledge of mobile application development environments such as PhoneGap, iOS, and Android
- Knowledge with server/network environments such as Windows Server 2012, IIS, SQL Server/Manager
- Experience with the development of an intranet
- Experience with website redevelopment projects
- Experience with Windows-family operating systems and productivity tools such as Microsoft Office family, including email and calendaring
- Experience leading system upgrade testing and applying vendor patches and upgrades
- Experience with e-commerce and PCI standards
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that demonstrate a commitment inclusive excellence and diversity are especially encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION: UW-S offers a competitive salary and robust benefits package including over nine weeks of combined leave, health, dental, vision, retirement, life, income continuation, and more!
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
Review of all complete applications will commence 4:30pm September 16th 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Click Apply Today!
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin’s public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin- System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin’s Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents. The University serves 2,500 traditional and non- traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and to serving a diverse student population.
At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identities of “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see http://www.uwsuper.edu/safety/cleary or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity and inclusivity.