Career Lab Consultant / Job Search Instructor
At RMCEP, you will find a team-oriented culture dedicated to serving our customers. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
Provides career information and a variety of counseling services to assist customers in job search and jobs skills training.
$17.86/hour to $20.64/hour
Primary Objectives of Position: Promotes and facilitates the use of the Career Lab technical and informational resources for CareerForce customers. Provides information about careers, job openings, and labor market information. Conducts Job Search workshops. Provides a variety of counseling services for the purpose of assisting agency clients to become self-supporting by planning for, securing, and maintaining employment.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, social and human services or commensurate experience. English language proficient. Must work effectively in a team-structured client services delivery system. Able to deal with people individually or in groups. Experience in working with groups and/or facilitating group meetings. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Computer skills to include word processing, email, internet, and accessing information. No prior history of client abuse. Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel locally, providing own means of transport.
Preferred Qualifications: Exceptional written, verbal, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with computer programs for assessment or skills development. Knowledge of Workforce One, Excel Spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Word Processing software. At least one year of client service experience. Group facilitation and motivational skills. Demonstrated ability to assist individuals to make career decisions, prepare for, and enter employment. Persons who are veterans or possess the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) will be given additional consideration.
* Plans and facilitates/conducts group workshops focusing on job search and life skills.
* Conducts comprehensive assessment to identify barriers to employment and program service options.
* Assists clients to develop a meaningful Employment Plan for self-sufficiency.
* Assists clients to successfully implement their individual plans for self-sufficiency goals.
* Arranges for agency supportive services in program participation.
* Directs customers to appropriate partner or utilizes external community resources and services to support client needs.
* Attains or exceed prescribed performance standards on a monthly basis.
* Maintains documentation of client case notes and progress related to their individual plans.
* Develop prospective worksite for clients scheduled to enter paid or uncompensated work.
* Interacts with County to coordinate services, conduct orientations, and monitor client progress.
* Arranges training services and refer clients to training providers.
* Interacts with customers to determine their service needs. Orients customers to the concepts, services, and layout of the Career Lab. Provides suitable coaching, reassurance, and motivation to customers who are tentative about self-service.
* Maintains information systems equipment and materials to that Career Lab services are operational. Collects information about customer satisfaction to facilitate continuous service improvement.
* Provides suitable coaching, reassurance, and motivation to customers who are tentative about self-services.
Other Responsibilities: Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Click Apply for all the details including the application and about Rural Minnesota CEP.
The RMCEP Application for Employment, resume, and cover letter must be received by 4:30 p.m. Central Time on August 29, 2019, to be considered.
RMCEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Provider
Upon request, this information will be made available in an alternate form.