Instructor of Health Information Management Technology
Rochester Community and Technical College seeks innovative instructors dedicated to excellence in teaching who desire to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. New faculty will practice contemporary teaching strategies, including learner outcome assessments and online instruction. Faculty participate in departmental and campus-wide matters to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission.
- Associate's degree in health information technology.
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in health information technology.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Bachelor or above degree in Health Information Management or related discipline
- Teaching experience at the two-year college level.
- Experience in teaching Health Information Management Technology courses as noted under responsibilities.
- CCS/CCS-P credential or a minimum of five years coding experience.
- Experience and/or interest in teaching interactive and/or online courses.
- Ability to assist department in curriculum decisions and student assessment.
- Ability to assist department with accreditation requirements and reporting.
- Ability and/or interest in assisting with program leadership responsibilities.
- Record of active involvement on college committees and with other initiatives.
- Record of active engagement in professional development activities.
- Background in diversity issues as related to teaching in the prescribed area(s).
Click apply for full job details and application process.