Registered Nurse - PRN
Volunteers of America is looking for PRN-Registered Nurses (RN) to join our team at the beautiful, Assisted-Living Homestead of Rochester Community in Rochester, MN!
- Provides Leadership and Direction on Assigned Units with all staff.
- Resident Care Functions which include medication, treatments and follow nursing protocols.
- Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per company policy.
- Charting, Documentation and Assessment Functions.
PRN Agreement for Rochester Campus
- You are required to work at least four (4) shifts in 12 weeks.
- You are required to work at least two (2) weekend shifts per 12 weeks.
- There is no permanent set schedule for PRN.
- You must work one of the one (1) major holidays (Thanksgiving or Christmas, PLUS one additional holiday [New Year’s, Memorial Day, July Fourth or Labor Day]). The Holiday wage will be the same as the premium wage.
- Your first commitment is to the Staffing Coordinator/Manager for shifts available. You may not work shifts offered by other employees unless approved by the Staffing Coordinator/Manager.
- If a regularly scheduled employee is available to work, you may be cancelled. If facility hours need to be adjusted, contingent employees will be cancelled before regularly scheduled employees.
- PRN employees are expected to be flexible; they will be the first to float to any hall/unit.
- PRN employees are not eligible for holiday pay, benefits or incentive pay other than otherwise noted in the agreement or as required by law.
- PRN employee’s job performance and compliance with this agreement will be reviewed quarterly to determine continued employment.
- If PRN employees do not fulfill the obligations of this agreement each month, they may be at risk for termination.
- Volunteers of America National Services, reserves the right to review the provisions of this agreement at least quarterly and change conditions of the agreement as needed if determined.
- Current licensure in the state of Minnesota as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR /BLS Registration.
- Maintenance of required CEU’s.
- Experience in long-term care preferred.
- Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
- Demonstrates leadership ability.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
- Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.