Mitchell Regional Habitat for Humanity
Mitchell Regional Habitat for Humanity is seeking a Part-Time Executive Director. The Executive Director is the face and voice of Habitat for Humanity in our community and provides leadership to work in partnership with people and organizations in the area to build simple, decent, affordable homes and to make adequate housing a matter of conscience and action. This role develops and recommends strategic plans to the board and manages agency operations to translate plans into action and results.
- Strategic planning, program oversight/development and administration.
- Fundraising and grant writing.
- Communication, public relations, and community networking and partnerships.
- Budgeting and fiscal management.
- Volunteer coordination.
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant field.
- Proven experience with demonstrated success in building organizational capacity. Includes fundraising, community partnerships, financial management, and board relations.
- Outstanding communication abilities: verbal, written, and public speaking.
- Exceptional interactions and relationship building skills.
- A self-starter willing to take initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information
- Experience managing a donor database, as well as the ability to use technology (MS Office Suite – Word/Excel/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- Familiarity with social media and web page platforms.
- Sensitivity and respect for Habitat’s Christian mission and values.
- Familiarity with construction or related field is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Sit, stand, talk, hear
- Repetitive motion of wrists, hands, and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard
- Mobility and light lifting
- Close vision requirements due to computer work
- Adequate visual acuity to perform essential functions of position
- Adequate hearing to perform essential functions of position
- Type: Part time (20-30 hours per week)
- Schedule: Weekdays (Monday through Friday), with occasional evenings and weekends. Most hours worked will be between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit ecumenical Christian housing ministry with a mission of creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com. You can also mail your information to MRHFH, PO Box 1331, Mitchell, SD 57301. No phone calls, please!