Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor - Hillsboro, ND
Great Pay starting at 90k DOE
Benefits start day ONE!
The purpose of this position is to plan and direct efficient packaging, warehousing and shipping of industrial and consumer sugar and by products to meet sales requirements and maintain customer service standards. The Packaging and Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the maintenance of packaging and warehousing equipment and systems; food safety and quality assurance of sugar and by-products stored, packaged and shipped; as well as the safety of employees.
The principal accountabilities of this position includes, but is not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for the sugar warehouse, screening, silos, bulk shreds, pulp bagging, pellet loading and the warehouse maintenance shop. Driving packaging and bulk loading efficiencies to meet and exceed established goals through managing people, time and equipment.
- Maintain certification as the Company Site Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner with the responsibility and authority to lead the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the Food Safety Fundamentals, Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality plan.
- Supervising and motivating employees, managing staffing levels and ensuring training needs are met.
- Management of predictive and preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Accountable for the packaging, toting and bulk loading efficiencies. Movement of product as planned is an essential part of inventory management and ensuring sufficient storage space to accommodate factory production.
- Management of the outside storage of remelt sugar and coordinating the return for reprocessing with factory management. When toting operations are underway, also responsible for managing additional outside storage.
- Develop a packaging production plan based on the factory's production, inventory levels and sales projections. Participate on a daily basis in the planning and development with Midwest Agri-Commodities' and United Sugars' Logistics and Fleet Management staff in developing clear understanding of the total sales plan to ensure availability of high quality product meeting customer specifications in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for the accuracy of sugar and by-product inventory and reconciles inventory discrepancies. Maintains an adequate inventory of packaging materials, totes, pallets and other warehousing supplies.
- Accountable for budget preparation, budget control and variance reporting, which includes labor, materials, utilities and capital.
- Engineering or technical degree, mechanical and/or electrical preferred.
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience in an industrial setting, and/or a food manufacturing environment is also preferred.
- The ability to manage multiple strategic plans in a constantly changing environment while supervising and motivating a diverse work force in accomplishing varied packaging, warehousing and shipping activities.
- Strong written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills in dealing with all levels of employees, customers, as well as the marketing companies is essential.
- Planning, problem solving and implementation skills are also critical.
- The incumbent must understand and be able to effectively apply food safety, quality assurance and safety regulations.
- A mechanical aptitude and technical abilities is required.
- Enterprise computer systems abilities such as SAP, Microsoft Office products and control systems are also required.
- The incumbent must possess a valid drivers' license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer