Buffet Prep Cook
This position is responsible for the kitchen areas of all assigned food and beverage venues to ensure excellent food service is provided to our guests and associates. In all interactions, the position is responsible for making STAR service to guests and fellow team members a first priority.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Degree from Accredited Culinary School
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to apply and direct internal controls.
- Knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Knowledge of buffet/banquet production
- Knowledge of line cooking
- Knowledge of fine dining
- Knowledge of Front of House operations
- Knowledge and skill of using a personal computer and related software.
- Knowledge of sanitation rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of appropriate food temperatures.
- Knowledge of chemicals and chemical levels.
- Knowledge of promotional programs offered by the Shooting Star Casino
- Skill in staff management
- Skill in time management
- Skill in budgeting and financials
- Skill in verifying and balancing cashier tills
- Skill in basic math.
- Skill of developing and maintaining a positive relationship with internal and external guest.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, safety rules and operational maintenance instructions
- Ability to have patience
- Ability to follow procedures and give attention to detail.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to define problems.
- Ability to maintain consistency of operations.
- Ability to operate all machines and equipment for venues.
- Knowledge of all phases of cooking, food arrangements, and presentation.