Journey Lineman 10K Bonus (Relocation to Cheyenne,WY)
Several experienced Journeyman Lineman needed in Wyoming. You must have completed a four year apprentice program to be considered. This important role will provide new overhead and underground electric service to customers. You will perform work in construction and maintenance of overhead and underground primary and secondary lines. Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
SALARY: $45.71 / hour - $10,000 sign-on bonus is offered for this position!
LOCATION: Cheyenne, Wyoming: The very name Cheyenne conjures up images of cowboys, rodeos and trains around the world. Today's Cheyenne is all of that and more. From the world's largest outdoor rodeo and Western celebration to world-class mountain biking, climbing, and camping, a visit to Cheyenne offers great opportunities. Learn more about living in Cheyenne: .
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Electric Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and connect overhead and underground services and transformers.
- Erect and set poles, pull wire, and connect transformers; troubleshoot issues related to these operations.
- Perform hot work (up to and including 25 KV).
- Install, maintain and remove overhead and underground distribution facilities.
- Performs switching for District and System Control.
- Check customer's voltage/sets, monitors, and reads recording volt meters when necessary.
- Locates and repairs underground cable faults.
- Run primary and secondary spans and repair primary and secondary lines.
- Open and close cutout door to energize or de-energize lines and transformers.
- Complete service orders to set and remove meters.
- Collections and reconnects/cut offs for non-pay.
- Trim Trees.
- Investigate "Lights Out".
- Vehicle maintenance.
- Repair and install PAL lighting.
- Maximeter lines and transformers.
- PCB tests/clean up.
- Substation operations - reads 230 KV subs and makes out reports/inspects and reports targets on all subs, re-sets alarms, sync lines, etc.
- Completed a qualified four (4) year apprenticeship program or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Black Hills Energy Electric Distribution System and Company property, lines, safety practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical standards for construction of the electrical system, methods and materials.
- Familiarity with tests voltage for all distribution transformer configurations.
- Locate underground cable.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Wyoming CDL Class A, with air brake endorsement or have the ability to obtain one within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must live within 30 miles and 30 minutes of the Cheyenne Service Center.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs and move object.
- Be a proficient pole climber.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and squatting to access tasks.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access task.
- Gripping and pulling with both hands up to 120lbs of force.
- Hand-eye coordination, lifting, one arm carry, overhead lifting and reaching, repetitive wrist twisting motion.
- Must have acute vision with or without correction. Ambulate varying terrains, surfaces and elevations and work with color codes.
- Ability to pull downward, horizontal, overhead reach and downward vertical.
- Upper extremity coordination to prepare materials for installs.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.