Fey Industries, Inc. in Edgerton, MN is seeking a full-time Controller to join our growth focused, forward thinking organization. We are a QCA accredited light manufacturing company who operates in a clean, climate controlled, work environment and strives to have a culture representing family values. We are a dynamic team of people that are passionate about what we do both at work and within the community. We have an exceptional culture that is friendly, growth focused and team oriented. We believe in helping our team members live our core values; being a team player, doing the right thing, driving results and making it uniquely better and simplified throughout each day.
To the Controller we offer:
• FLSA: Exempt
• Health Insurance (majority company paid)
• Life Insurance
• Paid time off (vacation time, personal time and flex-time)
• Onsite gym including basketball court, racquetball court and locker rooms
• And more...
Fey Industries, Inc. started in 1965 to provide branded promotional packaging products that enhance the image of other organizations and continues to grow with additional product lines and acquisitions. We pride ourselves on achieving Quality Certification Alliance (QCA) accreditation for the promotional product industry. We are 1 of 22 to be QCA accredited. Our purpose is brightening the world through our actions which includes the impact we create with our products, jobs and communications. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.feyindustries.com/.
Top Accountabilities for the Controller:
1) Deliver the established goals and metrics for this role
2) Own the Money Process and follow our core processes; Own and manage departmental opportunity list
3) Dependable, accurate and timely preparation and analysis of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
4) Dependable, accurate and timely financial and business forecasting, including debt management, cash planning (guardian of positive cash flow) and organizational risk awareness and mitigation.
5) Quarterback of the Accounting & Finance Team. Execution of effective teams within Accounting & Finance; including priorities, accurate and timely delivery of activities and team alignment with organizational goals.
6) Generation of annual financial and CapEx budget with monthly departmental reporting of actual to plan; engaging departmental leaders on variances and corrective measures
7) The internal accounting expert, proficiently using our ERP and Accounting systems
8) Leadership + Management = Accountability /Active Management
Activities include (but not limited to):
- Personally prepare, analyze and report timely and accurate monthly financial statements and reporting.
- Analyzes and interprets financial information on the company's performance, including long term trends. Collaborates and/or makes decisions concerning management direction, resource allocation and business operations to improve company financial performance.
- Coordinate and collaborate with third party auditors for financial audit, 401k audit, R&D tax credit and corporate tax return.
- Protect the organization by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Have a formal review of monthly financial statements with CEO.
- Provide summary commentary on results, trends and projections to CEO.
- Monitor the financial performance of the company; protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets, including recommending plans and corrective actions.
- Provide analysis for CEO endorsement and board approval.
- Ensure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Facilitate the development of the capital expenditure plan; providing analysis and prepare plan for CEO endorsement and board approval.
- Provide advice on financial analyses and decision-making regarding acquisitions, capital investments, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other financial matters as needed.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversee and ensure functions of Accounting department are delivered accurately and timely, including delivery of a positive customer experience.
- Participate in the development of and support the organization's strategic plans. Lead discussions with executive management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions needed.
- Oversee sales commission calculations and ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Maintain and ensure insurance policies (excluding health) are intact and the coverage is adequate for ongoing operations. Insurance coverage is solicited annually and proposals reviewed to determine best policy.
- Provide assistance and coordinate for the payment of shareholder estimated quarterly tax payments.
- Facilitate record keeping and filing of R&D tax credits.
- Develop and ensure delivery of internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting. This position is responsible for cash and risk management, including cash investments.
- Chair and coordinate 401k Investment Committee activities.
- Develop relationships, communicate and work with external audit firms(s), bank(s), casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, collection agencies, etc. This includes providing accurate and timely information as appropriate as well as scheduling and overseeing the annual audit process with external audit firm.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with federal, state(s), and local legal requirements. Keep updated on existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation and advising executive management on needed actions.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the organization's value.
- Provide support and recommendations to management, particularly in financial matters.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Complete additional duties as needed.
- All financial decisions will be based on GAAP and any other governing bodies that apply along with the utmost ethical consideration. The controller is to conduct him/herself with integrity both at work and outside the workplace as he/she is a representative of Fey Industries, Inc. The controller must conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential activity satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting with five or more years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Proficiency with managing processes, accounting software and experience with a software system implementation.
- Working knowledge and experience with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations, economic principles, financial markets, data analysis, reporting and banking.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping and budgets. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Directly supervises 3-8 team members and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, ensure training of team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software applications; proficient with Microsoft Office software programs, specifically Excel and Word.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: